To connect your email via IMAP and SMTP address for sending, head over to the Account menu and follow these simple steps.
Select “All email accounts” on the left bar.
Click the “Add Email” button in the top right corner of your screen.
Select the “Other Providers” option from the email provider list.
You will then be prompted to select Discover Configuration or Manual Configuration.
With discover configuration, you just have to find your provider on the list and we will give you the SMTP and IMAP ports.
Once you have the SMTP and IMAP ports, you will need to set up the new email.
Fill in the required fields:
Sender full name
SMTP/IMAP server address
SMTP/IMAP ports (we recommend port 587 for SMTP, and port 993 for IMAP).
Click “Connect Email” in the bottom right corner of your screen.
If you're having trouble with connection, please make sure of the following items:
1. Please make sure you're entering your email password in the "Email Password" field (not the PW you use to login to Respona).
2. Are you using 2-factor authentication for your email? If so, you need to create an app password for Respona and enter that in the "Email Password" field instead of your email password.
3. Please make sure IMAP is enabled on your email account. For example, for Zoho emails: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/imap-access.html#EnableIMAP
4. Please try using port 587 for SMTP
5. Some email providers take a while to authenticate the request since Respona tries sending an actual email. Please allow up to 5-10 mins for the connection to go through.
If you are having trouble connecting your email via SMTP/IMAP please reach out to us on Intercom or through [email protected]