The process for finding journalist contacts is a little different than that for bloggers.
It’s a little more involved and hands-on, and involves using Respona’s “LinkedIn Search” function, instead of the regular contact automation.
Once you have selected or uploaded your opportunities, go to Step 3 - Confirm contacts.
Switch over to Manual Search.
3. Look at your target article and find the writer’s name.
4. Find the author on LinkedIn. An easy way to do that would be to format your search string in the following way:
[Journalist full name] [Publication domain] site:linkedin.com/in
5. Click on the search result and copy their LinkedIn URL.
5. Switch over to LinkedIn search and paste their LinkedIn URL in the search bar.
6. Select an email and assign it to the opportunity.